Thursday, October 6, 2011

5TH UPDATE: Publix, 10/6-10/12 (Florida ad)

Our Publix haul; stocked up on pasta, feta and talenti gelato!
My second shop today on the way home from Chick-Fil-A!
3rd trip to Publix!  I won't be near a Publix for several years!
5th UPDATE: Everything in stock today!

Our new shell collection which was gathered by my hubby!

The sunset from our balcony; very relaxing.

We're ready to shop mom; no major meltdowns today....yeah!





















Had to run out again to get my favorite mascara and Olay Regenerist!









FREE Inserts from the recycling bins!

What a lovely view from our room; I love the ocean!



































































































































 Hello everyone!  Reporting from Florida this week.  I think that we are going to be here until the end of the month so I'm excited to stock up on some great items!  I'll be adding another post sometime over the next few weeks since I got a few rainchecks today!

I'll post details later.....I'm off to Chick-Fil-A with the girls.  Looking forward to some great playtime on the jungle gym.

2ND UPDATE: Stopped by the Publix on the way home from Chick-Fil-A to pick up some more pasta, tea and Talenti.  I just couldn't pass up the Talenti since EarthFare is a competitor here and the coupons are "redeemable at Earth Fare only!"  I have done pretty well here even though they have true B1G1 in Florida.  I thought that would slow me down but I'm very thankful to stock up on pasta again since I was almost out when I was living in CA.

I'll be heading back next week to get my Pepperidge Farm Goldfish bread.  I picked up two rainchecks for 5 deals each for a total of 20 packages of bread.  I'm going to have to go and find my freezer in storage and plug it in so that I have a place to put all of that sandwich bread!

3RD UPDATE: We went out to the recycling bins this morning and grabbed a bunch of inserts that I was missing for the last month.  Found several P&G inserts so I headed back to Publix with my monemaker and got some more pasta, covergirl, tea and babyfood.


Click on pictures to expand....

MONEYMAKERS
18 Covergirl Eyeshadows or brow shapers $2.99 ea. (regular price)
- $8/2 Covergirl face product Q from 10/2 P&G
= FREE + $2.02 overage

6 Covergirl powder puff $2.49 ea. (regular price)
- $8/2 Covergirl face product Q from 10/2 P&G
= FREE + $3.02 in overage wyb 2

24 Dove Deoderant 2.6 oz. $2.99 (B1G1)
- $3/3 Dove Deoderant from Green Advantage Flyer
- $.75/1 Dove Deoderant from 10/2 RP
= FREE + $1.53 in overage wyb 6

6 AirWick Candles 5.2 oz. $3.99 ea. (sale price)
- $5/2 Air Wick Candles from One Stop One Store booklet
- $2/1 Air Wick Candles from 9/18 SS
= FREE + $1.02 in overage wyb 2

4 Olay Regenerist Cleanser $6.99 ea. ($3 off sale price...$3.99)
- $3/1 Olay regenerist cleanser Q from 10/2 PG
- $2/2 Olay regenerist cleanser Target Q from 9/25 RP
= FREE + $.01 cent overage wyb 2

STOCKPILE
8 Beech Nut BabyFood $.55 cents ea. (B1G1)
- $1/8 Beech Nut blinkie  or $1/3 printable or $2/16 printable
= $.02 cents ea.

64 Mueller Pasta $1.39 ea. (B1G1)
- $1/2 Mueller Pasta blinkie (found in store last week) or $.55/1 printable (sign up)
= $.15 cents ea.

3 Mueller Whole Wheat Pasta $1.39 ea. (B1G1)
- $.55/1 Mueller Whole Wheat Pasta from 8/21 SS
= $.15 cents ea.

4 Airwick 3oz. candles $3.99 ea. (sale price)
2 Airwick 3oz. candles $3.49 ea. (regular price)
- $5/2 Airwick candle from One Stop, One Store booklet
- B2G1 Buy two 3oz. candle get one 3oz. candle  from 9/18 SS
= $.16 cents ea.

2 Covergirl Lashblast $7.49 ea. (regular price)
2 Covergirl powder puffs $2.49 ea. (regular price)
- $8/2 Covergirl face product Q from 10/2 P&G
- $2/2 Covergirl Lashblast Target Q from 9/25 RP
= $.49 per item

2 Athenos Crumbled Feta $2.59 ea. (B1G1)
- $.75/1 Athenos Feta blinkie (found in store last week)
= $.55 cents ea.

2 Marie's Yogurt Salad Dressing $3.29 (B1G1)
- $1/1 Marie's Yogurt Salad Dressing from 8/21 SS
= $.64 cents ea.

10 Lipton Specialty Teas $1.99 ea. (regular price)
- $1/1 Lipton Specialty Teas (publix Q found on display)
- $.60/2 Lipton tea bags printable
= $.69 cents ea.

2 Progresso Italian Bread Crumbs $1.97 ea. (B1G1)
no coupons
= $.98 cents ea.

2 Sunsweet Noir Prunes $2.00 ea. (sale price)
- $1/1 Sunsweet Noir Prunes from Greenwise Magazine Fall
= $1.00 ea.

4 Talenti Gelato $4.69 ea. (B1G1)
- $1/1 Talenti Gelato printable (redeemable at Earth Fare only)
= $1.35 ea.

2 Klondike Bars $3.33 ea. (sale price)
- $1.50 Klondike bars (publix Q found on display)
= $1.83 ea.

2 Crisco Extra Virgin Olive Oil $5.99 ea. (regular price)
- B1G1 Crisco 16oz. Publix Q from 9/25 SS
- $1/1 Crisco oil blinkie (found in store about a month ago)
= $1.99 ea.

2 Simply Potatoes $3.00 ea. (sale price)
- $1/2 Simply Potatoes Publix Q from 9/25 SS
= $2.50 ea.




PF Chang Home Meal for two $7.49 ea. (regular price)
- $2.50/1 PF Chang Publix Q (found on kiosk)
- $1/1 PF Chang Meal from 9/18 RP
= $3.99 ea.

2 Olay Regenerist serum $16.69 ea. (sale price)
- $10/2 Olay Regenerist Q from 9/25 RP
- $2/2 Olay Regenerist Target Q from 9/25 RP
= $10.69 ea. (a good price considering this is usually about $22 a package)

THINGS I NEEDED
1/4 Seedless Watermelon $4.08
no coupons
= $4.08 

4 Apples $1.29 a lb
no coupons
= $2.46

4 Nectarines $1.99 lb
no coupons
= $3.10


4 Plum tomatoes $1.49 lb.
no coupons
= $1.19

1 Red onion $1.49 lb.
no coupons
= $1.07

1 Garlic $3.29 lb.
no coupons
= $.46 cents

1 Golden Acorn Squash $.99 cents lb.
no coupons
= $1.17

1 bunch bananas $.69 cents lb.
no coupons
= $1.99

1 Publix coffee filters $1.29 ea.
no coupons
= $1.29 ea.

2 Covergirl $2.99 & $7.49 (regular price)
- $8/2 Covergirl from 10/2 P&G
= $1.24 ea.

1 Kid's Aquafresh Toothpaste $2.19 ea. (regular price)
no coupons
= $2.19 ea.

1 Set of 8x8 Foil bake pans $3.89 ea. (regular price)
no coupons
= $3.89 ea.

1 Aquafresh Extreme $3.09 ea. (regular price)
- $.75/1 Aquafresh from One Stop, One Store booklet
- $1/1 Aquafresh Extreme Q from 9/11 RP
= $1.34 ea.

1 24pk of Publix water $3.99 ea. (sale price)
no coupons
= $3.99 ea.

1 Naked Juice 32oz. $4.99 ea. (regular price)
- $1/1 Naked Juice 32oz. from Greenwise magazine Fall
= $3.99 ea.

1 Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix $2.49 ea. (regular price)
- $.40/1 Betty Crocker cookie mix from 10/2 GM
= $2.09 ea.

1 Vigo Kalamata Olives $3.29 ea. (regular price)
no coupons
= $3.29 ea.

1 Smucker's Uncrustables $2.00 ea. (Yellow Advantage price)
no coupons
= $2.00 ea.




TOTAL: $585.98
TOTAL AFTER COUPONS: $93.97
SAVINGS:  84%

NOTE: I just went looking for information on the $.55/1 Mueller Whole Wheat Pasta and couldn't find it in the Hot Coupon World Database.  I searched for the coupon and found it in the 8/21 SS but every website I found indicated that it expired on 9/30 of this year.  I didn't notice that when I clipped it today.  I just stumbled upon the coupon while looking for another coupon and thought, "hey I think that's on sale this week."  All that to say, Publix will still be reimbursed for it, however, you might want to ask at customer service before using it.

NOTE: The watermelon seemed expensive since a whole watermelon was $8.  I decided to get the quarter though because I like to SEE my watermelon (I have eaten several bad ones this summer).

NOTE: Some of the babyfood jars rang up at $.65 cents (BeechNut Stage 2.5, homestyle textures pears).  Just be careful when you pick out your babyfood.  Make sure they are B1G1 at the register.

NOTE: I gave away two Dove deodorants to my cashier and one Covergirl mascara to the store manager.  We had a nice chat about couponing.  She is a really sweet lady!  UPDATE: I gave away 6 bags of cat treats and a candle to my cashier (don't have a cat)!!  She is a really sweet cashier and I just love seeing her every week at this Publix in FL.

NOTE: I will sell some of these items at my garage sale.  I will make about $70 on the deodorant, powder puffs, eyeshadow, brow pencils and candles.  Selling these items constitutes a large portion of my grocery budget for the year.

3 comments:

  1. Great trip! Glad to see you Publix shopping again. You were always the best at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dr. Mom, how are you these days? I sure do miss Publix. You're so fortunate that you can shop there and save so much money! I've been living in CA this last year and we don't have a Publix or double coupons so I was super excited to get back to Publix to get some groceries. I won't have a Publix when I get back home so I'm going to stock up while I can! Hope your family is doing well.

    ReplyDelete