Wednesday, October 10, 2012

BOOK REVIEW: Life with Lily


I have enjoyed reading these little vignettes with my two daughters (aged 6 and 3).  I have found the stories to be simple and fun.  My girls think that Lily is a curious and sweet child.  I especially enjoy Lily's honesty as she faces each situation.  She responds as a child and that is part of the joy of this series.  I enjoy her reactions to the people that she encounters along the way.  I also appreciate the special relationship that she has with her mother and her family.  

I wish that there was a little more depth to the characters and that the style of writing was a bit deeper.  This is just a preference but I just thought that I would mention it in case anyone is hoping for deep character development in this series.  I'm not sure that you will find deep reflection or introspection in these characters.  I do think the series would have been more interesting if Lily was the narrator of the series.  This is simple and light reading but very fun for children.

Available October 2012  at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment